Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Chillin' like a villain

Ahhhh...here I am, basking in the peace and quiet of an empty house. Husband took both the children to school this morning so I've been allowed to stay in my pj's, teeth and hair unbrushed, for a few more hours. I realize that there are approximately 1,200 things on my to-do list that I could be accomplishing right now but I'm choosing to be an UNproductive member of society right now and I'm just hanging out with my trusty laptop. The tv is off and my phone battery is dead so I'm really appreciating the quiet afforded me right now. I forget sometimes what quiet sounds like. I don't even really get annoyed anymore by the hustle and bustle and loudness of family life because I'm used to it but, oh man, when I get a sweet little gem of a moment like this--I enjoy it. As mentioned half a million times already on this sparsely-used blog, I love to read but I also love to surf the 'net, play Angry Birds on my phone, lounge in the bath, and watch Glee episodes I have saved on dvr and if you'll notice, almost all these are one-woman activities. (Of course, you can have more than one person in the bath but it gets a little crowded.) So, in order to do a lot of the things I love, it's helpful if I can be by myself some. Of course, one of the other things I love is being around my family, so of course I miss them when they're away but it is nice to have only me, myself, and I for company sometimes too. So, on that note, I shall bid you adieu--the tub is calling my name!

No comments:

Post a Comment