Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

Censorship

For days now, I've been pondering what to blog about next. I've started and deleted multiple posts. Some of them I thought "This is dumb, no one wants to read about this boring mess" but others I've had to stop myself and ask if I was giving too much away. I am known for being kind of an open book. I'm very free with opinions and feelings, sometimes too much so, I think. In some ways, I kind of like being on the transparent side. People aren't really left guessing about what's going on with me. You don't have to wonder if I'm angry or sad or happy; you don't have to wonder about the "whys" of any of those emotions either, 'cause I'll tell ya that too. However, if say, my husband is the reason behind me being upset one day, it's not fair for me to lambaste him via public forum. People, especially strangers, shouldn't be privy to every aspect of my life.

BUT! Having said that, I like being able to express myself this way. I enjoy being able to let thoughts out and just tap, tap, tapping away at a keyboard. So, I'm just going to have to censor myself a little. And just be careful about what I post, I guess. I don't want to hurt or offend anyone. I don't want anyone to get wrong impressions of me or my life or my family because I'm venting a temporary feeling or frustration. People say that you can't worry about what anyone else thinks, that you have to live your life to make yourself happy but I don't really subscribe to that theory. I think that if we are going to post stuff in a blog we have an obligation to be our authentic selves while still respecting the feelings and sensitivities of the people we care about.

So anyway...that's how I'm going to try to proceed with my musings. And hope I don't ruin my credibility one day if I get annoyed with work or my kids get on my nerves and I get on here and light this page up with profanity. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment