Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Speaking of Father's Day...


*Update*


I chose to make the cookies today, just to see how they turned out. As you can see, they look pretty yummy IMO (forgive my sorry photography skills) but are labor intensive and messy. My beloved is worth it of course, but I'm not entirely sure the cookies are. My verdict: rich,tasty, texturally appealing, but not something I'll add to my usual repertoire of bakey things because of the work:yumminess ratio.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weren't we? Speaking of Father's Day, I mean. We should've been since dads don't always get the props they deserve. Seems like it snuck up on me and I don't have anything planned b/c I suck and don't deserve someone like Craig who's sweet and romantic when it comes to holidays. I've been trying (belatedly, as per my usual m.o. *sigh*) to figure out what to do for Craig for Father's Day, and since I'm not super creative with gift-giving I've been leaning toward making some kind of goody to eat. He, like lots of other doods out there, loves PB and chocolate together so I'm trying to decide what to make using those ingredients and the possibilities are apparently endless. So, now I'm paralyzed with indecision which always happens when I'm presented with too many choices!!

Recently, for work I made this pie and got rave reviews because, well, it was ridiculously good. (And I'm not bragging, I literally don't think this could turn out badly no matter who made it!!)



But then, I saw these and may have changed my mind! Who doesn't love a cookie?! I thought about making more than one thing but he would probably be a little fake angry at me for doing so since he's trying to maintain his recent weight loss and I'm pretending to be thinking about losing weight myself. Decisions, decisions!! Ya'll wish me luck!! :)

1 comment:

  1. They were very yummy. I say "were" because they are no more. I truly received sweets from my sweet. You doe know my weakness but what I love even more than peanut butter and chocolate is YOU! Thanks for thinking about me and being home awake this Father's Day. I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete